Saturday, April 28, 2007

Summer Blockbuster Swap


I posted about this over at my blog, but I wanted to post about this swap here too. Here's the info!

I've been thinking of doing a second Knitflix swap for some time and all the movie talk in my last post gave me the prodding I needed to put it all together. With all the summer blockbuster's coming to theaters starting on Memorial Day weekend, I thought it would be fun to make this second swap, the Summer Blockbuster Edition.

Here's the skinny:

What? We will swap 1) a favorite movie watching food/candy/beverage treat, 2) Enough yarn for a small project or some roving to spin while watching a movie 3) A DVD that you think your swap partner will enjoy.

Swap minimum: Swap items should equal around $25. Used DVD's can be sent but make sure that they work. If you buy it from Netflix or Blockbuster, please check the DVD to make sure it works. If you send yarn from your stash, then the yarn should be unknit with ball bands.

When should swap packages be sent? Swap packages should arrive at your pal's house on or around June 15th, just in time for summer vacations.

Contest! Just like last time, I'm hosting a contest at the end of the swap. Once the packages are sent, participants may email me a picture and an explanation of how their fiber/yarn fits the theme of the DVD they sent their pal. I, along with some other crafting friends will narrow down the choices to the top 3-5 entries. I will post the finalists on the fiberflix blog and ask you all to vote. The entry that garners the most votes will win some sock yarn and a set of stitch markers from me.

As a final note, swap partners will not be a secret. Like last time, swappers will be paired up and will mail packages to each other. Also, this swap is open to international swappers, but swappers will be paired according to DVD encoding regions. Therefore, US swappers will swap with each other, European swappers will swap with each other, etc. If we end up with an odd number of swappers, we'll work out some alternatives.

Sound like fun? If you'd like to join, email me at craftylilly AT gmail DOT com by May 11. I'll have matches out by May 13.

No comments: