Friday, April 27, 2007

Designer Woes and Designer Highs

The good news: I finished my Silk Garden vest - WooHoo! The not so good news: It is too big. It is a combination of the fact that I have lost weight and I didn't factor the "hang factor" into my plan. Although the vest is beautiful, the weight of the fabric causes it to pull. I think I have the problem remedied and am working feverishly on a new bodice and a smaller size. Pictures tomorrow - the vest is at the shop and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to write about our day at Yarntopia.

Today was a great crochet day at Yarntopia. I missed a visit from the H-Town Crocheters - sorry ladies! Amy took good care of them and I understand they had a great time. I did get there in time for a visit from Houston's own Crochet Dude, Drew Embrowsky. It isn't everyday a celebrity walks in the door of Yarntopia. Drew's a great guy and a talented designer, we had a good time visiting about yarn, crochet, and our mutual Melissa Leapman admiration society. Stay tuned for information on a workshop we have in the works with Drew.

I'm still working on the baby blanket, and should be able to finish it next weekend while we drive to my mom's. I frogged the Bella vest and don't intend to reknit it. I am going to use the yarn for a crochet project instead as Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton is a dream to work with and will be fabulous to wear. I am finding it hard to follow other's patterns - all I want to do is make my own designs. Balance, I must find the balance between what I must do and what I want to do. It's tough being a grown up.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Cheryl! I want to see a picture of your vest!