Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Notorious Talk

I'm planning on watching Notorious this week. I've seen it before, but it's been a while. Let's start our conversation in the comments of this post. If you have any thoughts, observations, questions, or discussion topics, please comment! I'll post for Murder on the Orient Express as well.

Does anyone have any pattern ideas for Ingrid Bergman as well? Let us know what you're working on, even if it isn't related to the film. I'm interested in what you work on while watching!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah! One of my fave films is Murder on the Orient Express. I have the DVD and have watched it several times. I passed the VHS on already, or I'd offer it up. For that, I might attempt to embroider a hankerchief (although I pretty much suck at embroidery) with my initials (wrong letter, but what the heck). Another option would be a beret, since I think Ingrid wears one (but don't quote me), but I don't think I'd wear one, so I probably won't go that route..

It's been too long since I've seen Notorious. Luckily, I have it on tape.

Jennifer said...

I just finished Notorious today. I liked it! This is the second movie of Hitchcock's that I've seen where there's a "mommy" issue. Frankly, I found Alex's relationship with his mother to be so creepy. No wonder he wanted to marry Alicia. She was probably the only woman that could last any time at all with that mother. And to choose between Cary Grant and Claude Raines? No brainer there, Cary Grant all the way, although I do think his character was a bit mean when he blamed Alicia for her relationship with Alex. I mean, it was her mission, no?