Saturday, August 18, 2007

September through November Movie Nominations!

I can't believe the summer is over. I just can't believe it! I know it's been quiet over here on the blog, but I hope you've enjoyed the Westerns this month. If you are on Ravelry and haven't joined our Fiberflix group, please do so! We are quite active over there. If you still have to receive your invite, when you do, please come join us!

It's that time to nominate films for the next three months so here are the themes:

September - "Back to School" Films. Let's nominate any movie that occurs at a school (any grade, high school, or college). There are so many choices that span so many genres! We can have a lot of fun with this one.

October - Monster Movies. Any movie that features a monster is appropriate for our nominations here. The monster can be a classic monster (the orignial Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula movies, zombie movies, etc.), or a human that has a monstrous character (Hannibal Lector movie, Cape Fear, Brotherhood of the Wolf, etc). These movies can be horrors or thrillers. In fact I'll probably have us choose one of both so that the horror adverse will have something to watch too.

November - Retrospective of a Director. Nominate your favorite film director, or one you'd like to explore further. In October we'll vote on which 2 or 3 directors films we will watch together.

Please make your nominations in the comments of this blog (one or two for each month). I will also post this on the Ravelry group to collect even more nominations. Please nominate in only one place, either here or on Ravelry.

3 comments:

Knittymama said...

Okay, for school I'm going to say "Heathers", or maybe anything by John Hughes.

Horror: got to go with Dracula but which version?

Director...that's tough. I'm terrible at remembering directors.

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I'll go with the John Hughes suggestion. Especially Breakfast Club.

For monster month I'd like to nominate Gojira. It's the original Japanese version of Godzilla without Raymond Burr edited in. I've always been curious to see it since the American one was one of my favorites as a kid.

For directors I've always wanted to explore Billy Wilder's films. I've seen a few but he made so many classics over so many genres. I think he'd be fun.

Paula said...

September: I nominate "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield.

October: VanHeilsing

November: Hitchcock would be fun!

*I hope I get my Raverly invite soon! I am like 7,039th on the list now. :)